ePAWsode 23

ePAWsode+23+features+Elijah+Nesss+4+month+old+kitten%2C+Sophie.+
Eden Wollum
ePAWsode 23 features Elijah Ness’s 4 month old kitten, Sophie.
Sophie’s first day at home after adoption was a little nerve racking for her but look how cute! (Photo used with permission from Elijah Ness)

Sartell Doghouse features Sartell High School students’ cute pets. Mixing it up today, even though she’s not a dog but still has paws, we have a kitten named Sophie. Sophie is Elijah Ness’s 4-month-old baby kitten. She is a mix of Tabby and American Wirehair. The Ness family rescued her from the Tri-County Humane Society in Saint Cloud. When they adopted her in November 2023, she was 1 month and 13 days old. Just a baby!

Maggie and Sophie cozying up together on Maggie’s dog bed. (Photo used with permission from Elijah Ness)

When Elijah’s old cat Murphy suddenly and sadly passed away in January 2023, he wanted a new cat since then. Elijah’s mom was texting him all day because she and Elijah’s dad were looking at kittens that day. Elijah’s mom sent him a video of a litter of 3 kittens, he saw Sophie’s little “mittens” and instantly fell in love with her.

The Ness family also has a dog named Maggie. Sophie loves to play with Maggie. Sophie likes to sneak up on Maggie and jump on her back when she least expects it. When Sophie isn’t attacking her sister Maggie or sleeping, she loves to be photographed in 0.5, lounge on her cat tower, play with her favorite floppy fish toy and rainbow ribbon, and cuddle up to her family’s necks and face.