Capturing the moment

An editorial about the importance of capturing the moments with pictures!
Morgan Gill
Morgan Gill’s Cannon PowerShot SD750 Digital ELPH is being used to capture special moments.
This short video clip is from the Tackle Cancer football game this past fall. (Morgan Gill)

I have started taking pictures with my camera the last two years in order to capture the special moments in my life.

The writer Morgan Gill taking a picture with the camera she now calls hers. (Morgan Gill)

Last year around my birthday, I received a super special gift from my mom: my camera. This camera was my mom’s that she got as a wedding gift, so it is super special to me. This camera has been in my life since I was two years old and has captured so many memories of my life. It was with me when my younger siblings were born, when we moved homes.  It helped me survive the awkward middle school years that we all remember. My camera was with me during my first dance team season. And now it’s been capturing all of the “last” moments I’ve had this year.

This camera goes everywhere with me, especially this year, because it is my senior year of high school. Taking pictures is something I love to do, and I believe it is so important. It might seem like in the moment, you’ll remember this snapshot of time, but in reality, five years from now, that memory might be distant and fuzzy.  Having pictures to document those special moments it priceless.

Whenever I feel down or bored, I immediately go to my camera roll to just scroll. I’ve brought this camera to football games, pumpkin patches, the rodeo, volleyball games, dance camp, random hangouts, and even to school. Sometimes there are moments you want to forget, but even in that case, it’s important to remember that those moments have made you who you are too. This camera has honestly made me who I am today, through all of my friend drama, sports drama, and even just finding myself.

I also LOVE to make little vlogs to document spontaneous trips I go on, so if you would like check out my vlog I added to this article or my vlog Instagram @morgangillvlogs.

If you would like to purchase this camera for yourself here is the link! Cannon Powershot

This camera can take pictures but also take video!

The gallery below contains some special high school memories that I will cherish forever.