Game of the week: Sartell v. Gentry Academy

Sartell will face off against Gentry Academy this Friday
Senior Forward, Tony Colatrella, getting ready for a face off. (Photo used with permission from Andrew Ritter)

On Friday, February 16th, 2024, the 17-6-1 Sartell Sabres will take on Gentry Academy who holds a record of 18-5-0. This will be the final game of the Sartell Sabres regular season, looking to finish the regular season at 18-6-1. On February 6th, Sartell faced off against the Brainerd Warriors for the Central Lakes Conference. Sartell took Brainerd down in a 4-1 win with goals scored by Senior Wyatt Laidlaw, Junior Caden Vos, Freshman Devin Jacobs, and Senior Baylor Stebbins.

Freshman defensemen, #18 Collin Otto skating up ice with the puck.(Photo Used with permission from Andrew Ritter)

You can look for big games from Gentry Academy’s junior forward, Ryder Betzold. Ryder has 22 goals and 22 assists so far this season for 44 total points and is committed to Arizona State University. On the Sartell side, you can watch out for big games from senior Tony Colatrella, freshman Devin Jacobs, sophomore Brayden Klande, and junior Shaun Paulson. Colatrella was able to accumulate 33 points this season with 9 goals and 24 assists and is currently Sartell’s point leader.

On January 27th 2024, Devin Jacobs broke the school record for most points by a freshman, which was previously set at 23 points by Tory Lund. Devin has 26 points this season between 8 goals and 18 assists, and will be looking to exceed the record even further on Friday. Junior Forward Shaun Paulson has 9 goals and 16 assists this season, equating to a total of 24 points on the year with 4 points in the last 4 games. Sophomore Brayden Klande is a physical player who’s on a run with 9 points in the last 8 games. Klande has 10 goals and 12 assists on the season bringing his point total to 22 going into the last game of the season.

Senior captain Tony Colatrella skating to center ice during starting line introductions. (Photo used with permission from Andrew Ritter.)
Senior Defensemen #2, Connor Anderson, skating around in pre-game warmups. (Photo used with permission from Andrew Ritter.)

Brayden Klande taking a draw against St. cloud during the holiday tournament. (Carson Reichel)