The Sabre dance team is gearing up for sections

The Sartell Sabre dance team poses for an all team picture at their home dance show. (Photo used with permission from Kalyn Jacobs)

The Sartell Sabre dance team is heading into their last meet of the season and getting ready for sections. The last meet of the season and the last performance for JV is Saturday, January 20th at Wayzata High School. The section competition is Friday, February 2nd at St. Michael-Albertville high school. 

The sabres are in section 4AAA. Last year the team placed 2nd in jazz and tied for first but finished in 2nd for kick. The top 3 teams in each section get a straight ticket to the state tournament!

The Sartell Sabre dance team celebrates their placements and their guaranteed spot at state for the 2022-2023 season. (Lola Sens)

The team has been practicing hard almost everyday preparing for their big performances. Although they have been working hard, the sabres also have done some fun team bonding! A couple weeks ago, coach Kelly McCarney, surprised the team with bowling instead of practice.

The Sartell Sabre dance team shows off their motivational scrabble at team bonding. (Sydney Musatov)

They also had Rick Rassier come in last week to talk to them about positive mindsets, being a team, and how to take it to the next level.

Make sure to cheer on and come support the Sartell Sabre dance team at Wayzata and STMA high school!