The Mill’s biggest supporter

Senior%2C+Abby+Shaw%2C+is+The+Mills+biggest+supporter+because+of+her+daily+purchases.+
Abby Shaw with permission
Senior, Abby Shaw, is The Mill’s biggest supporter because of her daily purchases.

The Mill is Sartell High School’s coffee shop run by students during the school day.

The Mill has customers that are both students and staff. The coffee shop is at its busiest during the morning before class begins. Many reoccurring customers exist, but only one is The Mill’s number one fan. Senior, Abby Shaw, visits the Mill daily to purchase the same drink. Abby describes it as an “addiction that needs to be fed.” As Abby walks up to The Mill’s counter, she does not even need to say her order because the staff already knows her regular purchase. 

I get a strawberry monster every single time I go to The Mill.

— Abby Shaw

A strawberry monster is made by combining the zero ultra-flavored Monster Energy Drink, strawberry syrup, and ice. (photo via Flickr under the Creative Commons license)

Abby also enjoys The Mill’s loyalty program. Every twenty-five dollars spent, you are given a free drink of your choice. Because Abby’s drink of choice is only three dollars, she can get a free strawberry monster in less than nine visits. This year alone, Abby has spent over eighty dollars filling her caffeine addiction. 

Abby Shaw’s strawberry monster has the right amount of caffeine to power Abby through her eventful day. (Ashlyn Swanson)
Abby Shaw is sipping on her favorite drink while contemplating going to class. (Ashlyn Swanson)