Harvard University’s class on Taylor Swift

Throughout the past year Taylor Swift has gained a lot of attention with her Era’s Tour, her recent relationship with the NFL player Travis Kelce, and her movie that captured the love and emotion from her fans throughout her tour.

There has been recent attention on Swift and this time it is coming from the world renowned Harvard University.

Professor Stephanie Burt opened registration for her class on all things Taylor Swift, close to 300 students signed up. “If I weren’t a Swiftie, I would not want to teach this class,” (Stephanie Burt, CNN).

This Taylor Swift course is being taught as an English Literature class, where they are looking at Swift’s career and the works of art around that.

A student that is taking the class “Mary Catherine Janafee LaPlante” describes the classes atmosphere is joyous. She said that “the first day that my friends and I went into the class we could not stop laughing out of sheer amazement.”

There have been a lot of mixed reviews of the class, most are enjoying the loose fun environment that the class allows, while other people believe that the class is a waste of time, and that the “education system is failing them”.

Professor Stephanie Burt teaches the class as a way to connect older literature to Swift’s music in hopes that because she is connecting recent and popluar music to old and irrelevent that it will show her students that connecting things with draw people in to learning more classic liturature.