Canyon Springs golf course review

Canyon+Springs+golf+course+was+established+in+1998.+
Connor Bergstrom
Canyon Springs golf course was established in 1998.

Located in San Antonio, Texas is a very unique and country-like golf course. The course features a unique layout that will keep you guessing every hole.

Green side view of hole 1. (Connor Bergstrom)

While Canyon Springs is located in the city, it does a very good job of giving golfers an experience that doesn’t get ruined by a big city feel. As I played it, I rarely saw anything that would remind me of being pretty much in the heart of San Antonio.

Longhorns located just past the clubhouse near the parking lot. (Connor Bergstrom)

Even with the country feel, the course was still in very good shape. All the grass was very well kept and the greens rolled true. The tee boxes were all flat and had very little divots. It was not all perfect though, as there were some spots with mud or dead grass. This is to be expected with most golf courses in general, so I did not find it to be a huge deal.

Another thing that stood out to me was the great customer service. From the moment we walked into the pro shop, we were instantly greeted and welcomed with open arms. The employees were all very friendly and happy to answer any questions that we had. 

A cool feature that I noticed while I played was the waterfall on hole 18. As you step up to the tee box on the 18th hole, you look down on a beautiful par 4 with a waterfall behind the green. This is by no means an easy hole though, as there is trouble all around the green. So a good approach shot is needed if you want a good score on this hole.

Canyon Springs is one of my favorite courses that I have played.

— Isaac Bergstrom, SHS sophomore

After the round, we went to eat at the bar and grill that is located next to the clubhouse. I ordered a burger, and I can genuinely say that it was one of the best burgers I have ever had.

Pro shop and restaurant at Canyon Springs. (Connor Bergstrom)

The burger featured their own signature mash sauce, which reminded me of Big Mac sauce and added a lot of flavor.

Overall, I would say that this is a perfect golf course for any average golfer and very good for the price. What we paid was 80 dollars for my dad, and 65 dollars each for me and my brother. With the price of a good round of golf today, this is a very generous price point. If we ever visit San Antonio again, I will be sure to suggest that we play at Canyon Springs again.