Sabres look to continue winning season against lumberjacks

This image shows senior right-wing Zachary Swanson with his parents on senior night. (Photo used with permission from Andrew Ritter.)

The Sartell Sabres Boys’ Hockey team is matched up to play at home tonight to continue their impressive season against Cloquet/Esko/Carlton who are currently 10-13 on the season. The Sabres have been nothing short of astounding this season. They just beat Brainerd 4-1 which won them the title of conference champions. The Sabres are rolling, and coming into this with confidence high after Tuesday’s win. Following this game the Sabres only have two more games, only one of which is at home. As the end of the regular season is within sight, I wanted to see what lessons and memories the boys and head coach have taken away from this season. 

This picture shows the Sartell Boys Hockey Team along with their parent(s)/guardian(s) on senior night. (Picture used with permission by Andrew Ritter.)

First on the docket, is senior right-wing, Zach Swanson. 

How has this season impacted your hockey career? 

“This season has really affected my hockey career by teaching me valuable lessons not only about the sport but also about life.”

What has been your favorite memory this season? 

“Getting the conference title against Brainerd.”

As the regular season is narrowing down, is there is one piece of advice you could leave for the lower classmen what would it be?

“Trust me, hard work pays off.”

Lastly, I wanted to see what Coach Ryan Hacker thought about the season.

“Tuesday was fun, in the locker room after the game. I got to look in the locker room and see someone like Connor Anderson, who used to be a mite and now he’s all grown up.”

What impact has this season and team had on your coaching career?

“Being able to be with the group for the past 12-13 years has been amazing.”

As the regular season comes to a close, what is one piece of advice you would give to your senior boys as they transition from high school to college and potentially beyond hockey?

“Do the right thing, at the right time, every time…control what you can control…character matters…three hard strides.”

Who do you have scoring tonight?

“Connor Anderson”