Sartell gymnastics’ Cami Weber showcases her skill

Cami Weber confidently poses for the camera showing off her ecstatic smile.
Kylie Weber
Cami Weber scored a 9.5 on vault, earning her a spot on the top ten leaderboard. (Photo used with permission by Kylie Weber)

Sartell sophomore Cami Weber killed the competition this past weekend at the Big Lake Hornet Invitational meet, earning herself a place in the Sartell Gymnastics top ten leaderboard and CLC player of the week.

Cami’s best event is the vault apparatus, where she competes a Tsuk, a skill in which the gymnast jumps off the springboard and performs a quarter turn onto the vault, then pushes off her hands and does a backflip.

Sartell gymnastics has been pushing to reach their goal of scoring a 135.0 this season, and last weekend’s vault rotation proved to set them up for this accomplishment. To score a 135.0, the Sabre’s would need to average a 33.75 on each event, and they scored a 36.050 on their vault rotation.

Sartell’s Cami Weber was a major contribution to the vault score last weekend. Her explosive vault scored a 9.5, enough to earn herself a spot on the top ten leaderboard. As a sophomore, this is a huge accomplishment considering her young age. Cami has goals to climb higher up on the leaderboard in the coming years.

Interview with Sartell sophomore Cami Weber:

Q: How long have you been in gymnastics?

Cami Weber placed first at the Hornet Classic Invitational in Big Lake, Minnesota. (Picture used with permission from Melissa Weber)

A: I have been in gymnastics for 10 years

Q: What is your favorite event?

A: Vault

Q: Who is your biggest inspiration/role-model in gymnastics?

A: My biggest inspiration is my sister and her hard work and her leadership.

Q: How did it feel earning yourself a place on the Sabre Gymnastics’ Top Ten Leaderboard?

A: It felt good to earn a spot on the leader board and proud to represent this season’s team in a positive way.

Q: What did you do differently on your vault at this past meet than in the past?

A: I ran faster and held my positioning better

Q: What goals do you hope to accomplish for the rest of the season?

A: Continue to improve on my skills!