Engdahl Tennis creates opportunities for tennis players during off season

Sophia Simonsen
I just finished up a session at Engdahl Tennis and loved every second of it!

Engdahl tennis at Sta-Fit in the off-season is a great way to keep your skills sharpened and keep connecting with teammates.

Tennis season has a very short season for many high schoolers, usually occurring for only a month and a half. Girls’ tennis occurs in the fall and boys’ tennis in the spring. When it gets cold, playing outside is out of the picture. Engdahl Tennis offers the perfect off season tennis.

Engdahl Tennis offers tennis for all ages, starting at the youngest group: 6 and under tennis. This class is 90 minutes of teaching littles about the basics of tennis. It goes for five weeks, once a week, on Saturday mornings. The session is $90.

In the bubble where Engdahl tennis is held, there are six tennis courts. (Sophia Simonsen)

The next age group is 10 and under tennis. This class is great for kids who know the sport of tennis and want to work on skills and advance their skills. The class is 60 minutes; the class sticks with teaching kids to work hard. It goes for five weeks, once a week, on Saturday mornings. the session is $100.

For 11-14 age group, this class is for players with more experience on the court. Players might have experience but that doesn’t stop the learning! This session will help players keep up their game and work hard. This session is five weeks, late Saturday mornings. It costs $100.

The final session is high school tennis drills. This session is for high schoolers looking to keep up their playing time while school tennis is done for the season. The class offers loads of opportunities and fun. This session will help high schoolers improve and still play tennis during late fall and winter. The drills are five weeks and are on Thursday evenings. The session is $145.

Did you know that you don’t have to be a member to participate in Engdahl Tennis?

Not only does Engdahl Tennis teach you new skills and is fun, but it offers opportunities to meet new people who share the same interest as you!  Engdahl Tennis brings high schoolers from all over the area, not just Sartell.

Engdahl Tennis Creates great friendships. Pictured on the left is new friend from Alexandria. (Sophia Simonsen )

Engdahl Tennis is a place where I can see my teammates and practice in the off-season.

— Aubrey Olmscheid, Sartell freshman

Engdahl Tennis doesn’t stop at drills. It offers so much more! They have private/group lessons for anyone who may want one on one time. They also offer Engdahl Tennis Academy which is to help varsity players reach their full potential and work on many techniques.