Categories:

Sartell Soccer senior Shaun Paulson has breakout season!

Shaun Paulson has been has playing soccer since he could tie his shoes. (Photo used with permission from Shaun Paulson.)

Shaun Paulson, a senior at Sartell High School, is having a fantastic senior season. He is ranked 12th in Minnesota for assists and looks to help his team make a huge playoff run.

While talking to Paulson about how great of a season he is having, he mentioned that his hard work during the offseason and willingness to be direct on the field helped him excel in his games this year.

Senior soccer star Shaun Paulson watches after a pass to a teammate. (Photo used with permission from Brody Pothof)

Paulson is a two-sport athlete who plays soccer and hockey for the Sabres. He has been playing varsity soccer for three years and is known as a playmaker who sets his teammates up for success.

Sartell Soccer assistant coach, Caleb Forberg, shares what Paulson has brought to the team this year.  He stated, “Shaun has helped our team by always making great plays and leading by example.”

Before Paulson started his senior soccer season, he had a fabulous summer season, which helped lead him to the success he is having now. During the summer, Paulson averaged over two points per game and grew chemistry with Seth Davidson, the team’s leading scorer.

Paulson and team member, Seth Davidson, have good chemistry on the field. Paulson explains, “We are very vocal to each other during the game and help each other read the defensive scheme.”

Senior soccer star Shaun Paulson watches as teammates work to get him the ball. (Photo used with permission from Brody Potthoff)

As the regular season is coming to an end, Paulson looks to make a huge playoff run. The Sabres want to seek revenge for their heartbreaking loss to the STMA Knights in last year’s playoffs. On September 25th, 2024, the Sabres faced the Knights in a regular season matchup losing 3-2. Although they lost, Paulson finished the game strong with a penalty kick goal, which set the Sabres up for a comeback.

While the playoffs are creeping up, Paulson and the team are preparing: “We’re going to work on our finishing and willingness to secure the ball from other teams.”

Paulson and his teammates will look to finish the season strong.