The team that made the unified football game amazing! (photo used with permission from Fallyn Budde)
Categories:

The unified powderpuff game was a success

At the Sartell High School carnival, the student council put on a carnival and before the girls powderpuff football game, the unified gym class had the opportunity to play!!

The unified PE class played in a football game with the football team on Tuesday the 24th at the Sartell High School carnival. This game helped combine the football players in with the SHS unified kids to promote more inclusion in the school.

Ben and his sidekick Fallyn get ready for the game and hype up the fan section! (Photo used with permission from Angie Heckman)

Most of these kids have never had an experience like this. To be able to play a game in front of their peers and have people see them and watch them was really cool for them and made them feel special.

Some of the football players volunteered to pair up with one of the unified kids. The football players were told some plays, and they would help guide their partner and help them get a touchdown, which most of them did get a touchdown. The football players helped them so much and the kids had so much fun. The rest of the school watching the game had fun and was cheering loud for everyone.

Alexis on her way to get a touchdown with her partners and her team cheering her on! (Photo used with permission from Angie Heckman)

After the football game, some of the football players that helped with the game answered questions about how they think the game went and who their partner was.

A couple of the boys talked about working with the kids and being around them and how that opened up a new experience for them. Most of the interviews are on the SartellUnified tiktok page for you to check out!!

The offensive line gets in a huddle to run their routes. (Photo used with permission from Fallyn Budde)
Chase smiled so big after his big touchdown with his partner. (Photo used with permission from Angie Heckman)
During warmups before the football game, a group of friends were talking and took a quick picture. (Photo used with permission from Angie Heckman)