The Mill at SHS is serving up some great holiday drinks: Holly Jolly & Pink Reindeer

The Mill is Sartell High Schools coffee shop and school store.
The Mill is Sartell High School’s coffee shop and school store.
Atira Olson

The Mill is a coffee shop located in the Sartell High School cafeteria. It is open in the mornings before school, during lunch, and at some sporting events. The Mill is now promoting holiday activities and drinks.

The Mill has a guess how many peppermints are in the jar competition and the winner gets a free drink. (Atira Olson)

The Mill is run by students here at Sartell High School. The people who work there in the mornings and at sporting events are actual employees, and the ones working during lunch are either a TA for Hannah Gelhar or a student in a Culinary 3 class. The entire quarter of a Culinary 3 class is learning how to work at The Mill and how to have good customer service. This class is in need of more students so that The Mill is able to be open for lunch all year. 

Currently and ending on December 15th, The Mill has a guess how many peppermints are in a jar game. The person who guesses the number of peppermints correctly or the closest wins a free drink. The Mill also has a find your doppelgänger competition. A doppelgänger is an unrelated lookalike of yourself. Once you find someone who looks like you, submit your name, your doppelgänger’s name, and a photo of the two of you. You can find a QR code at The Mill to submit your information. All photos are due December, 20th, and then students at Sartell High School will vote on the best doppelgänger. The winners of the doppelgänger competition win a free drink as well.

The Mill has a find your doppelgänger competition and the winner gets a free drink. (Atira Olson)

There are two holiday drinks that are offered at The Mill. The two drinks are the Holly Jolly and the Pink Reindeer. The Holly Jolly consists of two pumps of blue raspberry syrup, ½ iced black tea, and ½ lemonade. The Pink Reindeer is 1 pump raspberry syrup, 1 pump coconut syrup, ½ monster, and ½ lemonade. Both of the drinks are very good, and you should definitely try them out!

The Mill has two Holiday drinks that they are offering. (Atira Olson)

Questions asked of the lunch shift employees: What is your favorite part about working The Mill? What is your favorite drink at The Mill?

Briella, senior: Her favorite part about working is the one free drink per shift. Her favorite drink is the Raspberry Lemonade.

The Pink Reindeer is a Holiday drink that The Mill is offering. (Atira Olson)

Anna, senior: Talking to my friends and the one free drink per shift is her favorite part about working. Her favorite drink is a Strawberry Lemonade.

Aniyah, senior: Her favorite part about working is the one free drink per shift. Her favorite drink is either the Pink Reindeer or the Iced Chi Latte.