Sartell students share what they are most afraid of in their life and why. (Photo edited by Emilie Houge)
Sartell students share what they are most afraid of in their life and why.

Photo edited by Emilie Houge

Humans of Sartell: What are our students most afraid of?

May 11, 2021

Sartell students were interviewed on Tuesday, April 27th, about what they are most afraid of and why.

Everyone has fear in their life. Whether it is a big or small fear or is recent or not, fears are an unpleasant feeling that sometimes takes up the majority of our thoughts. So what are our Sartell students most afraid of?

Lexi Goad

“I am most afraid of trying to figure out colleges and having to plan out my life.”

Lexi Goad said she is most afraid of making future plans. (Photo via Lexi Goad)

Jack Greenlun

Jack Greenlun says he is most afraid of not trying. (Photo via Jack Greenlun)

“I am most afraid of not trying, or not doing something that I may think I can’t do because I am afraid to fail. That is a fear of mine because I know that if I ever fall into that fear, I won’t be able to grow and be a better version of who I am now.”

Olivia Mcdonough

“I think what I am most afraid of right now is the dark because there’s a never-ending possibility of what’s in it.”

Olivia Mcdonough says she is most afraid of the dark. (Photo via Olivia Mcdonough)

Ethan Gohman

Ethan Gohman says he is most afraid of bears and cougars. (Photo via Ethan Gohman)

“I think I am most afraid of bears or cougars. I have had a couple of encounters with bears while hunting and they always freak me out because I know how big they are. After I did a report on bears last year for Minnesota Wildlife [class], I have gained major respect for bears because I know that if I ever make one angry or threatened in any way, I am taking a huge risk in getting killed. Bears don’t often attack humans, but you can never trust a while animal.”

“Cougars just freak me out because they are a large cat… walking in Montana. My dad said he saw a cougar standing in a tree watching him as he walked down the dirt road. I’ve gone to a zoo and had a cougar try to pounce at me even though it was in a cage. All it comes down to is having respect for nature making sure you don’t step too far. We may be at the top of the food chain, but it can change pretty fast when dealing with wild animals.”

Lauren Jaenisch

Lauren Jaenisch says she is most afraid of flying. (Photo via Lauren Jaenisch)

“I am most afraid of flying because I’m afraid it’s going to crash.”

The LeSabre • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in