Avry Bailey

Taco Johns VS Taco Bell, which one is superior.

Taco Bell vs. Taco John’s

November 9, 2020

Which fast food joint is superior? Which one can best satisfy your late night taco cravings? I have taken it upon myself to end this debate and answer these frequently asked questions.

I will be ordering simple, soft shell beef tacos off of each menu and rating them based on taste, presentation, and price. In conclusion, I  basically just wanted to eat tacos and call it research.

Taco Bell

Avry Bailey

A soft shell beef taco from Taco Bell

Taste– This soft shell taco wasn’t too bad, considering the simple recipe it takes to make. Compared to Taco John’s, there was an equal distribution of lettuce, cheese, and meat. I will comment on the meat consistency, Taco Bell’s meat seems more processed, in comparison to Taco John’s.

I give Taco Bell a 3/5.

Presentation– Overall, this taco looks like it consists more of just lettuce and a tortilla. I don’t have much criticism for this taco’s presentation especially since the taco is coming from a fast food joint.

I would rate this aspect a 2/5.

Pullquote Photo

Cheaper and the food is just as good, but they got the baja blast.”

— Blake Hartwig

” -Blake Hartwig

Price– Taco Bell priced this taco at $1.29. Taco John’s is cheaper and has a combo option as well. Taco Bell only consists of single tacos and sides, no combo option at all. Although, $1.29 compared to $1.19 isn’t a huge difference, I will rate the price a 3.5/4.

Smacks, faster service, better food, and cheaper.”

— Sartell High School junior, Maggie Kruise

[/pullquote]

About the Contributor
Photo of Avry Bailey
Avry Bailey, Journalist

Avry Bailey ('22) is a student at Sartell High School. This is her first year writing for the LeSabre. She is looking forward to interviewing and exploring...

Taco John’s

A+simple+soft+shell+beef+taco+from+Taco+Johns.+

Avry Bailey

A simple soft shell beef taco from Taco Johns.

Taste– Overall, for being the complex taco it was, I wasn’t disappointed. I will point out there was an overload of lettuce added to my taco, which I swiftly brushed off. The meat seemed pretty legit to me, so in the end I would rate this taco a 3.5/5. Also, you cannot forget about the potato oles that come with this taco, easily a 5/5 no questions asked.

Pullquote Photo

Potato Oles😻😻😻”

— Jewelz Reed

Presentation– This category was a little iffy for me. The presentation kind of threw off the real taste of the taco. With a freshly tossed quesadilla and a little less lettuce, Taco John’s wouldn’t look too bad. Overall, I would rate the presentation a 1.5/5.

Price– Considering I came here on a Taco Tuesday, (ironic right??) the pricing was $1.19 for a single soft shell taco. Not too bad, comparing to Taco Bell’s price a whopping $1.29. I would rate the pricing for a plain soft shell taco a 4/5.

Pullquote Photo

Those potato things…”

— Nate Norvell & Larkin Lang

In the end, Taco John’s got a grand total of 9/15 and Taco Bell got a rating of 8.5/15. Although, in my opinion, I ranked Taco John’s higher, do not let my review decide for you which is more superior even though it is clearly Taco Johns;)

About the Contributor
Photo of Avry Bailey
Avry Bailey, Journalist

The LeSabre • Copyright 2020 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in