Get to know: Mr. Wege

Mr.+Wege+is+the+interim+principal+for+Sartell+High+%0ASchool+for+the+remainder+of+the+school+year.+

Sarah Kleppe

Mr. Wege is the interim principal for Sartell High School for the remainder of the school year.

Sartell High School has had its fair share of ups and downs this year. The disappearance of our leader Mrs. Hansen, shameless social media vigilantes, and a concerning lack of vending machines have plagued this era of our academic careers. 

One sliver of hope could be our new principal, Mr. Wege. After a brief period of confusion under Dr. Ridlehoover’s reign, we are back to having a trustworthy general. 

Where were you before this?

“I was the High School Principal at Albany for the past 19 years and the band director there for 13 year prior to that.”  This isn’t Mr. Wege’s first rodeo, that is for sure. 

What is your current biggest priority at Sartell?

“I like talking with people and learning about them, so I have enjoyed meeting a lot of people. I also want the seniors to have a positive end to their high school careers so hopefully I can help with that.” 

Speaking as a current senior, my experience this year has been nothing short of mediocre. That being said, this is a major improvement compared to the last couple of years, so thank you Mr. Wege.

Favorite professional sports team to watch?

“I am a Green Bay Packers fan since I grew up 30 minutes from Lambeau.” 

This is quite possibly the only wrong answer; I am sorry.

Cats or Dogs?

“I am a bird person, but if I had to choose between these two, I would probably say dogs.

Favorite Food?

“Baby Back Ribs” Mr. Wege is officially invited to my next family barbecue. 

Any hobbies?

“I like golfing, skiing (cross-country and downhill), and camping. I also like being a do-it-yourselfer with projects at home.”

Who do you want to win the super bowl?

“Cincinnati – They deserve it.”

It’s official. Mr. Wege is a Joe Burrow fan. That tells you all you need to know about this man. We are in safe hands. 

After getting to know Mr. Wege a little bit more, my faith in the future of Sartell has been restored. I encourage you to do the same and not only get to know Mr. Wege, but all of the staff who support us every day.