Sabre Seniors have big plans for the upcoming fall of 2021

Sartell+seniors+have+big+plans+for+after+college.++Some+will+be+attending+college%2C+and+others+will+work+or+join+the+military.+

Kendra Duea

Sartell seniors have big plans for after college. Some will be attending college, and others will work or join the military.

Sabre seniors are going to graduate this spring and then move on from high school.  They will be entering into new paths next year.

120 Sabres responded to the google form the LeSabre sent out. Below are screen shots from that data.

Seniors’ plans for after high school.

68% of seniors plan to attend a 4 year college.
(Kendra Duea)

Some Sabres will not be attending but entering a branch in the Military.

The Air Force seems to have the highest percentage. The other branches are evenly split. (Kendra Duea)

Looks like there is some competition within these schools

As shown above, the most popular college that the class of 2021 seniors will be attending is the University of Minnesota- Duluth. (Kendra Duea)

To dig a little deeper, I interviewed a few more students about their plans for after graduation.

Christa Meyer

Christa will be attending the U of M in Duluth next year. She hopes to be a social worker. (Christa Meyer)

College: UMD

Major: Social Work

What career would you like to achieve after you graduate from college? Mental health and substance abuse social worker

Are you playing a sport? No

Will you be living on or off campus? On

Why did you choose this school? “I love the Duluth environment and the whole city and my older sister goes to UMD and she absolutely loves it there.”

Are you in a regular roommate based dorm or are you living alone or do you have suite mates? “I will be living in a dorm with just one roommate.”

Garrett Maras will be attending St. Thomas and will also be swimming. (Garrett Maras)

Garrett Maras

College: University of St. Thomas

Major: Business Management

What career would you like to achieve after you graduate from college? A Logistics Manager

Are you playing a sport? “Yes, I will be swimming during the school year at St. Thomas.”

Will you be living on or off campus? On

Why did you choose this school? “They are really focused on swimming and lifting and I like the coach and the overall campus.  Their pool and weight room, was amazing and it seemed like they truly cared about my success there.”

Carter Swenson is enlisted in the United States Army and is going to be operating on helicopters and hopes to fly one in the near future. (Carter Swenson)

Carter Swenson

Why did you choose to join the Army? “I didn’t want to have to go to college.”

What position in the field will you be joining? The 15 Tango or Black Hawk repairer

How long will you be involved in the field? ” At least 8 years.”

Does your family support your decision? “Yes, they do and are extremely proud of me.”

Callan Miller

Callan Miller will be attending Montana State University in the fall of 2021, He hopes to graduate with a degree of Business Management. (Callan Miller)

College: Montana State University

Major: Business Management

What career would you like to achieve after you graduate from college? “I’m still undecided about that, but something to do with business.”

Are you playing a sport? No

Will you be living on or off campus? On

Why did you choose this school? “I chose to go to school in Montana because I like to hunt and fish a lot and the mountains are such a great overall scenery.”

Are you in a regular roommate based dorm or are you living alone or do you have suite mates? “I will actually be living in a house with two roommates, which will be super fun.”

The senior class of 2021 has gone through its ups and downs spending most of their senior year restricted due to Covid-19, but this group will forever be remembered and leave a little piece of Sartell High School within their hearts. Congratulations and best of wishes to all graduates.