A day in the life working at Coborn’s in Sartell

Coborn%27s+on+Pinecone+in+Sartell%2C+Minnesota.+

Emily Dauw

Coborn’s on Pinecone in Sartell, Minnesota.

Coborn’s on Pinecone Road is very common place to work amongst teens. It is a very chill and laid-back job that tends to stick out to many teenagers. Many students from Sartell High School, as well as other local schools, work at Coborns and have enjoyed the experiences it brings and the atmosphere it holds.

The first person I interviewed was Taylor Markgraf. Taylor is a senior this year at Sartell High School. She has been working at Coborn’s for around a year and a half. She works in the front end doing many different things such as working self-checkout, the service counter, as well as cashiering. She also works in the Little Dukes gas station.

Who is your favorite person to work with and why?

“My favorite person to work with is Emily Dauw because she is fun and makes work more enjoyable.”

What is your favorite part about working at Coborns?

“My favorite part of working at Coborns is meeting new people from different schools and meeting fun customers.”

What is your favorite day of the week to work?

“My favorite day of the week to work is probably either Monday or Tuesday. ”

What is your least favorite day of the week to work?

“My least favorite day of the week is definitely either Saturday or Sunday.”

What is your least favorite task to do at night?

“My least favorite task to do at night has to be getting carts from the parking lot.”

Who is your favorite manager?

“My favorite manager is Jenna because she is very nice.”

Secondly, I interviewed Corrine Knettel. Corrine has been working at Coborns for around 5 months now and is trained in many different parts of the store. She is a sophomore this year at Sartell High School.

“Emily Dauw because she makes me actually want to come to work, and she makes it much more enjoyable.”

“Not going to lie, my favorite part of working at Coborns is being able to sell lottery tickets. I don’t really know why, but I just feel so special.”

“Tuesdays are definitely the superior day to work because it is the right amount of busy to where you don’t ever get bored.”

“Sundays are the worst because it is always way too busy and the customers always seem to be a little more cranky.”

“By far my least favorite task would have to be sweeping. We have a huge floor and it is by far the worst task.

Who is your favorite manager?

“Personally, my favorite manager is Angela. She always tries to connect with me and ask me about my day.”

Coborn’s has a great environment and atmosphere. It is overall an exceptional place to work with tons of high schoolers as well as people of all ages. Management is great and scheduling is very flexible. Taylor Markgraf, Corrine Knettel, and I all enjoy the positive work environment that Coborns has.