That’s a wrap of Sartell High School’s 2019 football season

Sartell+High+School+seniors+feel+happy+after+attending+their+last+high+school+homecoming+football+game.+

Kristin Schmidt

Sartell High School seniors feel happy after attending their last high school homecoming football game.

Sartell High School’s varsity football team wraps up their 2019 season with their last game against Brainerd on Tuesday, October 22nd.

October 12th 2019, the Sartell Sabre football team won 30-21 against the Alexandria cardinals who are ranked number seven in the state of Minnesota.

Senior Jacob Bjelland says, “I’ve never been so happy, we’ve always been so close to winning and it’s been so long, I was so happy.”

I’ve never been so happy, we’ve always been so close to winning and it’s been so long, I was so happy”

— Jacob Bjelland

The last game the sabres won was on October 29th, 2016 against Brainerd. 

Senior Jacob Bjelland also adds, “I always expect to win and I believe we can win a lot of the time but it’s whether we give up or not, and we didn’t.”

This year’s football captains were seniors Jack Engel, Brady Schmidt, Cody Lantis, and Luke Wolfe. 

Senior Luke Wolfe states, “I felt very happy and proud to show everyone that we are capable of beating a team that is ranked in the top ten in the state. 

I felt very happy and proud to show everyone that we are capable of beating a team that is ranked in the top ten in the state”

— Luke Wolfe

They ended up with an overall record of 1-8 throughout the season, winning their first game in three years, coached by Scott Hentges.