Do we depend on technology too much?

Do we depend on technology too much?

This picture represents someone using technology at their work place.

photo via PxHere under the creative commons license.

Is our reliance on technology a bad or a good thing?

According to sites.psu.edu, 77% of people responded believing that society as a whole relies too much on technology. Thirty years ago, 90% of kids used to play outside and enjoy life, and now 75% of children stay indoors and play with their phones and electronics. Although in some cases, a computer and a phone has been a great development for technology and leads to various technological advances in today’s society.

A senior at Apollo High School, Sarah Voigt says that she “thinks technology is taking over because she thinks people believe that it is an easier way to do things nowadays. People also don’t even leave their house to go buy things, go to work, see movies at the movie theatre or communicate with people. They can do all these things with technology and because of it, it has caused a problem in today’s society.”

This picture represents social media on an iphone.

As stated by cdssunrise.com, teenagers are the most dependent on their phones. They rely the most on technology to help them get through their day. Many kids feel lost without their phones next to them and have become addicted to being on them.

A junior at Sartell High School, Kendra Dehn, says that she thinks that society does not rely on technology that much. Although she feels like she relies on technology more than most people do.

According to the site xenlife.com, technology has brought us machines, computers, cars and this has made good communication tools to explore the solar system and universe. Although some people have said that people are relying too much on technology these days, most of the population says that it has given us growth and has made tasks easier than they were before.

A senior at St. Michael Albertville High School, Allyssa Hirsch explains that we depend on technology so much that we don’t even leave without our phones every day.

On the authority of techcrunch.com, technology is becoming so dominant that it is even destroying jobs and being replaced by technology instead. People are losing their jobs because technology can do it better than they can.

photo via Pixabay under the creative commons license.
This photo shows that people go on their phones all the time on a daily basis.

A senior at Sartell High School, Olivia Brinkman, says that does not think we rely that much on technology. She thinks that it improves our generation on who we are, and it is also making things easier for people to get through their day faster and more efficient.

According to the source www.telegraph.co.uk, children today are a part of a digital generation that is surrounded by technology and the internet. The internet gives children the ability to take control of the world around them and come up with creative ideas that they never could have before. Although it does not give them the social life outside the internet as much, because they are just on their phones instead of interacting with people.

So I guess it’s a toss-up for if all of our technology is good or bad.