Tulsi Gabbard, 38

Tulsi 2020

May 10, 2019

photo via wikimedia commons under the creative commons

Tulsi Gabbard smiling and enjoying herself as she continues to be there for her supporters.

Gabbard is a representative from Hawaii who has a history of bi-partisanship. She supported Bernie Sanders in the 2016 primaries, and has drawn condemnation for meeting with Syria’s president.

Her national polling average is 2%, and her national news coverage ranking is #4.

Major Policy Points:

• Climate change
  • Ban assault weapons
  • Universal background checks
  • Opposition to American military intervention overseas, including in countries like Syria.

Her run has been bogged down by controversies, such as her history of being very anti-LGBTQ and her foreign policy past. Though she has apologized for her history of anti-gay statements and her past work for an anti-gay advocacy group.

There are a lot of challenges that are facing the American people that I’m concerned about and that I want to help solve

— Tulsi Gabbard

About the Contributors
Emma Rasmussen, Journalist

Emma Rasmussen is a senior at Sartell High School. She has an affinity for the arts, such as writing and painting. Her favorite musicians are Elton John,...

Photo of Alyssa Gehrke
Alyssa Gehrke, Journalist

Alyssa Gehrke is a senior at Sartell High School. If she could steal one thing, it would be cartons of cheesecake ice-cream.  After high school, she would...

The LeSabre • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in