Mr. Minder

April 9, 2019

Emily Callan

Mr.Minder sitting at his desk during what he loves, anything History.

Next was venturing into the social studies wing of the school, and into a bustling room of sophomores learning about world history. There, one of the schools newest teachers, Mr. Minder had some things to say. He’s been teaching for about four years, and recently joined our Sartell staff at the beginning of the year.

Mr. Minder shared some of his first impressions of Sartell, “Here in Sartell being right next to St. Cloud there’s a lot more things, I’m happy to be next to a Target again which is nice.” When talking about the students he’s had in class so far he said, “They’re a lot of fun, we’ve been able to do a lot of fun things… the kids I can joke around with so we have some fun there.”

Outside of school, Mr. Minder has a pretty normal life, “I have a little puppy, so I spend a lot of time with her. I do a lot of coaching. I’m the football coach here, and coaching baseball this spring. I still play baseball in the summers and I’m still looking for a league out here.”

Mr.Minder’s first year of teaching had many crazy stories,  “I had a kid who sat in my class for over half the period, and it turns out he was in the wrong class. I introduced everyone, and said I was the World Geography teacher and I mentioned World Geography like eight times and about halfway through he looked up and went ‘wait this isn’t US History’.”

Everyone has at least one weird talent and Mr. Minder can snap his toes.  We were immediately intrigued but unfortunately, were not able to get a video because a World History class was not the place and time for toe-snapping.

Every teacher has a pet peeve, and Mr. Minder is no exception, “My number one pet peeve is definitely getting asked the same questions over and over again. Luckily I’m at the high school where it’s not as common as at the middle school. Or when kids don’t read the directions.”

Mr.Minder’s idea of his perfect retirement plan consists of, “hitting the lottery at 30 and subbing a little bit.  I would love to travel, I haven’t had the opportunity to travel a whole lot and it’s weird being a social studies teacher and I teach all about these areas but I haven’t actually been there, so I’d love to visit all the places that I’ve taught about.”

About the Writer
Photo of Emily Anderson
Emily Anderson, Journalist

I have lived in Sartell for 4 years now, and I am a senior at Sartell High school. I have a tenth-grade brother who attends SHS and three other siblings...

The LeSabre • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in