SHS musical brings the classic “Music Man” to Sartell

One+of+the+posters+for+the+musical+throughout+the+hallways.+

One of the posters for the musical throughout the hallways.

Ben Kiewel

Ben Kiewel

Ben Kiewel

Big trouble is coming to Sartell April 25th when Sartell students will present The Music Man in the high school auditorium.

The cast has been preparing for the opening night since February 25th. After hours of line memorizing, dance choreographing, and intense blocking, the actors will perform their twist on the classic musical. As a whole, the cast is excited to present all of their hard work on opening night.

While the actors are busy rehearsing their lines, the crew has been busy setting the stage. The crew is responsible for making “River City” come alive. There are many parts to the set, and the crew has been hard at work for nearly as long as the actors. Their work isn’t done after the set is put together though. The crew will join the actors on stage and help swap the scenes out of view during shows.

Poster design for The Music Man at Sartell high school.

In the musical, Jack Hackenmueller, the main character, attempts to con Iowa townsfolk by posing as a bandleader. He plans on ditching the town as soon as they give him money for the instruments. However, he falls in love with one of the town’s members and is torn between his con and the love of his life.

The Music Man is a playful musical that everyone can enjoy. This production appeals to musical lovers and first-time theatergoers alike. The dates for the show are Thursday, April 25 @ 7 pm (opening night), Friday, April 26 @ 7 pm, and Saturday 27 @ 2 pm and 7 pm. You can get tickets at the door: $6 for adults and $4 for students.

Kelly Killmer
Actors blocking one of the opening scenes at rehearsal. Photo Credit to Kelly Killmer