College tour guide: tips & tricks to finding your perfect college!

SHS students will begin touring colleges as summer approaches, so it is important to know a few tips to make the most of college tours.

Photo by Jordan Mareck

Photo by Jordan Mareck

Photo by Jordan Mareck

April 4, 2019

Your college will become your new home away from home, so it is important that you are sure it is a good fit. Below are some tips and tricks to help you survive college tours!

Photo by Jordan Mareck
There are lots of great colleges in Minnesota for students who prefer to stay close to home after graduating.

Before

-Write up a list of questions that you would like to be answered during your tour.

-Schedule a visit ahead of time and make sure to let the college know how many people you will be bringing for your tour! By scheduling a tour, you also may have the option to tour a specific area of campus that highlights your major!

-Check the weather: depending on where and when you are touring, you may need to bring rain gear or a coat.

During

-Ask lots of questions

?: What are the classroom sizes?

?: How good are professors at answering questions during office hours?

?: How big is the campus? (ex. small, medium, large)                     

Prior to visiting a college, it is helpful to do some research and write down any questions that you would like to be answered during your tour.

?: Where do students go to study?

?: Are there a lot of shopping areas around campus (for groceries, convenience, etc.)

? How many students end up transferring?

? What meal plan do you recommend?

? How hard is it to change your major?

-Take pictures of different areas that you will be spending a lot of time in (ex. dorms, dining hall,rec centers, library, study centers, etc.)

-Pay attention to dorm sizes, conditions, and overall vibes.

After

-Rate your experience and write down any thoughts: Write down what you liked, and what you didn’t like so that you will have something to look back on when it is time to make a decision!

Photo via Wikimedia Commons under the Creative Commons License
It is always helpful to rate your college tour experience afterward so that you can look back at it later when you are making your decision!

Colleges Near Sartell, MN

College can be stressful, but following this college tour guide will hopefully help ease some of the stress so that future college students feel at home during college! Check out some of the colleges below to get started!

St. Cloud State University

St. Cloud Technical Community College

Saint Johns University/College of Saint Benedict

Click here to read about the 20 Best Value Colleges and Universities In Minnesota 2019

The LeSabre • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in