Sartell High School’s bloody good blood drive

Student+Council+is+helping+to+set+up+and+run+the+entire+Sartell+High+School+blood+drive.+

Student Council is helping to set up and run the entire Sartell High School blood drive.

Kerrie Fredrickson

Kerrie Fredrickson

Kerrie Fredrickson

Sartell High School hosted its annual blood drive to help save lives all around Minnesota on Wednesday, March 13, 2019.  Organized by Karrie Fredrickson and the Sartell High School Student Council, the blood drive is a way for the school and its students to help give back to the community.

Karrie Fredrickson
Student Council members greeting people as they come in to donate blood.

While students were donating blood, many of them shared the same reason as to why they were donating-

The LeSabre’s own Ben Kiewel said, “I’ve done it before, and it helps people so I thought I might as well do it again. Plus it gets me out of class so that’s a bonus.”

Senior Mack Sathre also shared some thoughtful insight on his choice to donate blood, “I decided to donate because I have blood to donate.”

Grant Sobania and Alex Daniel Pose for a picture as they wait for the professionals to start the process of drawing the blood.

The team supervisor for the whole event, Cathy Franzwa, was able to share some information about the whole Blood Drive operation. Franzwa is responsible for the whole crew running the blood drive. She also gave insight into the intricacies of running a blood drive. Waking up at around four in the morning, Franzwa is ready to go with the whole crew right before school begins at Sartell High School. 

Kerrie Fredrickson
Food provided for students after they have donated blood so that they are ready to get back to class.

The blood drive at Sartell is actually responsible for donations and the supervision of blood all over Minnesota. They handle blood drives in different communities, colleges, and high schools- Sartell High School is actually one of the larger schools that donate blood.  The blood that is donated, is brought to St. Paul where it is tested and is sent out nationally.

Kerrie Fredrickson
More student council members seen helping at the Sartell HIgh School Blood Drive.