Are the roofs in Minnesota going to take a chance against this snow?

This photo represents that many houses are collapsing in Minnesota, because of the amount of snow that we have had this year.

In Sartell Minnesota, many students are getting tired of this snow and are excited to get geared up for summer. But since Minnesotans have had mountainous snow falls almost every day this year, the question is are the roofs on houses, stores, churches or any kind of building able to stand a chance against all this snow before it starts to cave?

According to the St. Cloud Times, it says that the Subway, Campus Book and Supply, KwikFix Electronics roof collapsed in at 6 p.m. from all the snow over the weekend. They shut down the building because of safety precautions, known as being unsafe and the city ordered it to be vacated. Since this has happened, the city ordered the property to be fenced off.

A sophomore at Sartell High School, Aliya Simpson says, “Yes, I definitely think that the roofs could be collapsing because of the snow. We are sometimes getting 10-12 inches of snow and that can be a lot for a roof to take on.”

According to the Popular Mechanics.com, even the Minnesota Viking’s, brand new U.S. Bank stadium, had roof issues.  It now feels like an outdoor stadium because of the roof collapsing. This collapse left the Vikings players in the cold.  The Vikings had to play in -4 degree temperatures, because there was no roof to keep the players warm.

This represents that dome collapsed, and there was no roof for the Vikings to play in.

A senior Jordan Marek at Sartell High School says, “Yes they [the roofs] are, I heard that the dome from the U.S. Bank stadium collapsed but other than that I haven’t heard of any domestic roofs collapsing.”

According to mprnews.org, the article states that the past month has caused a lot of trouble for many Minnesota dairy farmers. The past month there has been tons and tons of dairies around Minnesota that had to dump gallons and gallons of milk out because of the snow. It says that 20 dairy farmers roofs have caved in.