Sartell’s thunderous swim meet against Sauk Rapids Storm

Last ever dual meet at the Sartell High School Pool

Ken Bjork

Ken Bjork

Ken Bjork

On Tuesday, January 15th at Sartell High School, the Sabres beat the swim team from across the river, Sauk Rapids. This is the last dual meet ever in the high school pool. The meet started off amazingly for the Sabres. Sartell placed 1st, 2nd, 3rd in the 200 medley relay the winning time of 1:42.60, which is the 2nd fastest time in the CLC, and of course Sartell also has the fastest time.

The second event of the meet was the 200 freestyle, Cooper Larson a sophomore from Sartell went his fastest time of the season and his brother was right behind him getting third place. After the meet, Cooper was pretty ecstatic saying “The 200 freestyle was pretty good, I felt strong the whole time, then the last 5 yards it felt like I was dragging a ton of bricks.”

Diving was incredible for the Storm, Jack Grabinski won totaling 243.5 points and his little brother Elijah earning 202.6 points. David Binsfeld of Sartell got third place with a third best score for him of 162.45 points. Senior Eli Lawson won his first 100 butterfly this year out touching Thomas Daniels.

Eli had a huge smile once he got out of the pool he explained, “I actually did dolphin kicks this time off every wall and went out nice and relaxed maybe too relaxed but who won? Me!” The 100 backstroke was destructive for the Sabres.

Brannon Bjork a junior won going the 4th fastest time of his life. In second place was freshman Cameron Schreifels, and right behind him was Peter Espelien going his fastest time ever. Finishing off the meet was the Larson, Larson, Larson, Lawson 400 free relay.