Suggestions for making your prom the best

Prom season is just around the corner and many Sartell students have questions about the theme, places to shop for dresses and tuxes, and clever ways to ask out your date.

Brock Sorenson and Allison Koopman are members of the Sartell 2018 prom committee. They were nice enough to give me a little insight on this year’s upcoming prom. Prom is on May 5th this year, which happens to be the same day as the Kentucky Derby. Because of this, the prom theme is Kentucky Derby and Garden Party.

“Prom is going to be very unique this year,” says senior, Brock Sorenson. Ally Koopman adds, “Prom is going to be a good mix of the two different themes. Grand March is going to be more Kentucky Derby while the food and venue will be more of the Garden Party.”

Grand March will include a live stream of the Kentucky Derby along with a supervised and legal gambling opportunity before the Grand March. The prom committee is even trying to get a real horse! The food is going to include fried chicken, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and Caesar salad. The committee tried to find the best southern and Kentucky Derby related foods to enhance the theme. A chocolate fountain along with fruit and cheesecake will be available after the meal during the dance.

Dress and tux shopping can be extremely stressful. It is best to find a dress early and to find a perfect fit for you! Here are a few places to find dresses and tuxes nearby:

Prom Dresses:

• David’s Bridal (Maple Grove)
  • Ruby Juby (Maple Grove)
  • A Specialty House (Midtown Mall)
  • Carrie Johnson Bridal (St. Cloud)
  • There are also many sights to look at online!

Tuxes:

• Men’s Warehouse (St. Cloud)
  • Tip Top Tux (St. Cloud)

Below are a few clever ideas for promposals! You can find other ideas on Pinterest and Google.

About the Contributors
Megan Sieben, Journalist
Grade: senior. Go to Article of Clothing: turtleneck, rolled up jeans with a warm, comfy sweater Living Room Decoration Must Have: ceramic cat, a colorful lamp, & candles My Favs:  fad: scrunchies season: fall beverage: coffee ethnic food: Mexican and Chinese tv show: New Girl Life Soundtrack: “Better” by Lil Yatchy TV Show Twinsie: Miley Stuart I’m Most Passionate...
Lexie Lamont, Journalist
Grade: Senior Go-to Article of Clothing: Turtleneck Living Room Decoration Must Have: White ceramic cat My Favorites:  Brand– Lululemon Color– Blue Food– Donuts Fad– Scrunchies Smell– White Out Ice cream Flavor– Cinnamon Life Soundtrack: Stoney– Post Malone Biggest Pet Peeve: Heavy breathers Quote to Live By: “The first 5 days after the weekend are always the hardest.” -Anonomys
Kassy Markey, Journalist
Grade: Senior Go-to Article of Clothing: Turtleneck Living Room Decoration Must Have: A ceramic cat My favorite animal: Dog and goats My favorite car: A white Range Rover Quote to Live By: “Now, I know we have still not shattered that highest and hardest glass ceiling, but someday, someone will, and hopefully sooner than we might think...
Colin Nord, Journalist
Salutations readers! My name is Colin Nord, long time follower, first-time member of The LeSabre. I am most recognizable from my great involvement in activities such as student council, 7th Street, Tennis, Ping Pong Club, or more noteworthy, the weekly Pledge of Allegiance. I enjoy singing my favorite tunes in the shower and car, ice cream dates...
Breanna Sattler, Journalist
Grade: Senior Go-to Article of Clothing: Turtleneck Living Room Decoration Must Have: White ceramic cat My Favorites: Restaurant- Texas Road House; Food- Steak Kabobs; Color- Purple; Brand- Michael Kors Quote to live by: “Everyday is a second chance” -Unknown Life Soundtrack: “Rockstar” by Post Malone Biggest Pet Peeve: When people snap their gum  
Ally Koopman, Journalist
Grade: Senior Go-to Article of Clothing: Turtleneck, Khakis (standard color for smart, casual dress trousers for civilians) Living Room Decoration Must Have: Ceramic Cats My Favs: Smell: Fleet Farm Mode of Transportation: Ripstick Hispanic Soap Opera: El Internado Type of Potato: Mashed Quote to live by: “I’m not convinced I know how to read, I’ve just memorized...
  • Suggestions for making your prom the best

SHS Student Life

Hidden Gems: Mississippi County Park

SHS Student Life

Farewell, Sartell High School

Food

The Good, the Bad, and the Delicious: Season Finale

SHS Student Life

Find a new best friend at the Tri-County Humane Society!

Features

Homemade Monkey Bread

Sports

Sartell Trap Team

SHS Student Life

Weather has an impact on mood

News

Cuban plane crash leaves over 100 dead

Sports

Storm’n Sabres’ lax season

SHS Student Life

Plasma: to donate or not to donate?

Skip to toolbar