Movies and T.V. shows to expand your Spanish vocabulary

March 15, 2018

Students at Sartell High School have the opportunity to study Spanish at varying levels of difficulty. With Spanish being such a complex language it is helpful to not only learn from reading, but also from hearing. The internet has made this a much more achievable task by providing numerous Spanish language movies and T.V. shows available for interested students. If you are interested in expanding your Spanish vocabulary, check out these exceptional movies and T.V. shows readily available to all. All shows/movies listed below provide subtitles in both English and Spanish.

El Internado 

If you are looking for a show that will keep you on the edge of your seat, El Internado is perfect for you. In this show, about a boarding school, everyone has a secret of their own. It’s up to a select few students to solve the

mysteries and stop the murders. The students go to great lengths to keep everyone safe, but at what cost? El Internado is available on Netflix, as well as dailymotion.com

[email protected]

If you are a lover of all things F.R.I.E.N.D.S. you should check out [email protected] This series is similar to the popular American sit-com that many know and love. It follows the lives of four friends in their early-20s living in Spain. Sam, the only American, is a student studying abroad who lives with Pablo, a native to Spain. The two boys share similar love interests in their two close friends, Ana and Lola. Tune in and watch [email protected] to see how their stories unfold. [email protected] is available in multiple languages on celebratelanguages.com

Cable Girls

Cable Girls is a show set in 1920s Madrid, and it follows the story of four young female suffragists who work for

a successful telephone company. The Netflix original series allows viewers to experience the hardships faced

by women in the 1920s. The girls will do everything possible to pay off

their debt, and thrive in difficult times.

Netflix has only released two seasons so far but has ordered a third season to be released in 2018.

La Misma Luna

La Misma Luna (Under the Same Moon) is about a young Mexican boy named Carlos. After his grandmother dies, he risks his life to travel to the United States to live with his mother who is working in L.A. illegally. The movie tracks the path of young Carlos on his dangerous journey across the border. Watch La Misma Luna to find out if Carlos is ever reunited with his mother, and if he survives the treacherous journey. La Misa Luna is available on Vudu and Amazon Video, and iTunes.

Selena

The movie Selena is the life story of the famous musical artist Selena Quintanilla-Pérez. This movie introduced Jennifer Lopez, who plays Selena, into the film industry. The life of Selena is one full of setbacks and hardships, but also it is about overcoming struggles. Although the movie is not in Spanish, there are many parts involving Hispanic Culture, as well as Spanish songs. The movie has the ability to be played in Spanish with English subtitles, but the audio will not match the pictures. Selena is available on Youtube, Amazon Video, Vudu, iTunes, and Google Play.

Instructions Not Included 

Instructions Not Included is a film about an immature “player” who has to grow up quickly when his former lover leaves him with a baby. Valentín must raise his fearless daughter while overcoming his own fears. They live a glorious life day-by-day, but one of them has a life-threatening secret. Watch Instructions Not Included to see how their story ends up. This film is available on Youtube, Amazon Video, Vudu, iTunes, and Google Play.

The LeSabre • Copyright 2021 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Activate Search