Wallet-friendly St. Cloud area restaurants
As a high school student, I definitely appreciate wallet-friendly restaurant options. However, I find myself visiting the exact same restaurants when I go out to eat. Here are some restaurants you may not know about that are sure to impress.
February 12, 2018
- Quarks American Bento: Quarks is a healthy fast-food restaurant in Saint Cloud featuring a wide variety of fresh, clean, and real foods. At Quarks, you walk through a line choosing all of your grains, meats, veggies, and sauces to create a delicious bowl of healthy foods. Not only is Quarks healthy, but it also features a 100% gluten-free menu for those who cannot or prefer not to have gluten. Bowls at Quarks range between $7-$10 depending on the type of meat you order.
- Dolsie’s: Dolsie’s Lunch Box Grille is a restaurant located on Saint Germain Street in St. Cloud. They are open from 10 AM-2:30 PM all days except Sunday. Dolsie’s sells lunch items like sandwiches, french fries, chicken fingers, and wraps. My personal favorite is their sandwich called “The Classic.”
- Sawatdee: Sawatdee is a Thai restaurant in St. Cloud that features a wide variety of noodle bowls, curry, and stir-fry. Their main entrees range between $7-$14. Their hours are 11AM-9PM.
- Waffle-It: Waffle-It is a restaurant in Saint Cloud that offers a wide variety of waffles and breakfast items for breakfast or brunch. They are open 6 AM-1 PM every day of the week except Monday. It is around $7 for a large waffle. You can order both savory and sweet flavors depending on whatever you are in the mood for.
- The Local Blend: The Local Blend is a coffee shop located in St. Joseph near The College of Saint Benedict. This coffee shop features some of the best coffee in the area in my opinion– and also features very cool artwork and pottery that you can buy. I love all of the soups, sandwiches, teas, coffees, and breakfast items they sell. I would highly recommend visiting The Local Blend for coffee and a delicious lunch. Their hours are: Mon 6:30 AM – 8:00 PM, Tue 6:30 AM – 10:00 PM, Wed & Thursday 6:30 – 8:00, Fri 6:30 AM – 10:00 PM, Sat 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM, Sun 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM. Food is served until 8 PM Sunday, Monday, Wednesday & Thursday, and until 9 PM Tuesday, Friday & Saturday!
- Park Diner: Park Diner is a delicious diner located in Waite Park near the Parkwood Cinema. The diner features AMAZING shakes and malts, breakfast items, and typical diner food like chicken fingers, french fries, and cheeseburgers. I love going to the Park Diner for fries and a shake (which is around $8 for both). Their hours are 6AM-8PM, except Friday and Saturday is 6AM-9PM.
- Bravo Burritos: Bravo Burittos is a delicious authentic Mexican food restaurant located in Saint Cloud just off of Division Street. Bravos offers eight different meat fillings, vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options, salsas, guacamole, and hot sauces. Their Burritos are delicious and fairly inexpensive ($7-$10). They are open 11AM-9PM all days of the week.
- Central Perk Coffee Shop: Central Perk is a coffee shop located in St. Cloud on Saint Germain Street. They offer a wide variety of coffee drinks, along with breakfast and lunch items. My personal favorite is their french toast along with an iced coffee. Everything on their menu is under $10! Their hours are Mon-Thurs 7AM-6PM, Friday 7AM-8PM, Saturday 8AM-8PM, and Sunday 9AM-3PM.