Sartell’s Got Talent!

edited by Hannah Kosloski

edited by Hannah Kosloski

It’s just past 9:00am and everyone is busy plowing through their assignments. Teachers are wrapping up their final lessons for the week with an insane amount of gusto, and pens are hard at work taking down notes for next week’s test. But no one is focused. Everyone is gathered together (in spirit) watching the seconds tick down until finally, they can go visit the talent show. Right before the bell rings, you can see the beads of sweat formed on everyone’s face as they meticulously plan the fastest route to the main gym. After all, they’re competing with over 1200 other talent-thirsty-peers who want the best seat in the house.

Tick… Tick… Tick… FINALLY! The bell rings and everyone stampedes out of class and ABSOLUTELY HAULS to the main gym. Upon entering, the lighting is dimmed and the seats are down. There are spotlights so close to floodlights that present the main floor. Microphones are spotted, creating a unique pattern that encompasses the floor. The roar is stupendous. Students pile in left and right, and teachers are seen running back and forth doing different sound checks and helping students find their seats. They are the ushers of the rave. The gym was in complete chaos until finally, emcees Jake Shea and Elliot Edeburn took the stage and introduced the acts. It was show time.

Every year, usually around Winter Wonderland week, or Winter Break, NHS puts on the talent show. Emcee, Elliot Edeburn, faced the task of heading the talent show this year. The process started out by having every act come in, either before school or after school, and audition in front of him and other faculty members. From there, the acts were chosen and arranged in an order that would keep the audience engaged. This year, the committee spiced it up a little by having different types of talent showcase what they had instead of having all singers perform. This year, they also included SHS staff member Dave Lumley to perform. Lumley was ecstatic when he heard the news. He couldn’t wait to perform in front of the students! Especially since he usually runs sound (with the help of Joe Schulte and Tom Kuhn) for the talent show anyway!

Overall, the talent show was an event to remember. It was such a FANTASTIC way to showcase all the different talents at Sartell, from singing, dancing, rock and roll, and a lightsabre performance! Every act was truly marvelous and it was great to see so many students put themselves out there! WAY TO GO SARTELL! Read below for further quotes and information on the acts, the talents show, and other Winter Wonderland activities! Also, please enjoy the slideshow of images above encompassing the talent at SHS!

Outline/Timeline of the Performances

A video stream of the SHS Talent Show thanks to Joe Schulte

LeSabre article of the Winter Wonderland Days of the Week

Twitter Page of the band 200 Proof

The dude with the lightsaber was really cool.”

— Courtney Kosloski

Yeah I liked that everyone seemed genuinely happy, and they all really loved what they were doing.”

— Kayla Tembreull

Well, I wish there were more unique talents. Don’t get me wrong, I love singing, but I wish there were more acts like magic or cool flips.”

— Emma Gunderson

Well, this was probably my favorite talent show throughout all of high school.”

— Bailey Offerdahl

This year’s talent show was great to attend & I loved being there because we got to see so many different acts! Sometimes, I get a little disappointed when all of the acts are musical, but this year, having the variety of different bands, groups, and solo artists was exciting! Students, please keep participating-we are what makes each talent show rock!!”

— Erin Stone

The talent show is a great representation of the incredible abilities of our student body. I really enjoyed watching it all unfold because the acts did so well. I guess I wish it was a little easier to stay in contact with the acts… planning it all was a little difficult because there are so many details I needed from each contestant so I could communicate what people needed… ”

— Elliot Edeburn

• Sartell’s Got Talent!

Arts and Theatre

Sartell Middle School band concert!

• Sartell’s Got Talent!

Entertainment

Backstage NUN-sense with the “Sister Act” cast

• Sartell’s Got Talent!

Entertainment

Mix 94.9 Back to School Concert at Sartell

• Sartell’s Got Talent!

Events

Sound Around St Cloud: Installment 2

• Sartell’s Got Talent!

Events

Sound Around St. Cloud: Installment 1

• Sartell’s Got Talent!

SHS Student Life

Struggles of finding your prom dress

• Sartell’s Got Talent!

Opinion

TASTY

• Sartell’s Got Talent!

TLS Eats

New year to try new things

• Sartell’s Got Talent!

Opinion

Let’s Get Kinky (Boots)!!

• Sartell’s Got Talent!

Opinion

If everyone was breaking their thumbs, would you?

Sartell’s Got Talent!