The Reitzes!

The Offspring

Lucy Reitz

Lucy Reitz

Garrett Kukowski, Journalist

This week we’ve got a special treat for you with the Reitz sisters. Lucy is a great gal, and we’ve been good friends for a hot minute, but I don’t know so much about Julianna. I didn’t know her sister that well so interviewing her for this piece was a treat, and I know you will think the same. So, here are your Reitz!

About Lucy:

I love Lucy, what can I say? On a serious note though she is one of my best friends, and Julianna would say the same: “Sometimes when she is cranky we aren’t the greatest friends, but when she isn’t, we are best friends.” Lucy was certainly nervous at first when we were talking, but she definitely warmed up after a little bit. Lucy is an 11th-grade dancer who is almost always smiling. (She has a great smile too by the way.) She had always wanted a little sister because she’d grown up with four older brothers. I asked her if Julianna and herself participate in something else besides dance together: “Well, we like to make fun of our dad behind his back.” Julianna also told me that Lucy has helped her with the transition into high school and what to expect with certain classes and the dance team since Lucy was on the team her freshman year. Lucy had this to say when she compared her life, to her sister’s life: “My sister is very organized while I, on the other hand, am not organized. My life is a mess.”

Lucy right, Julianna left

About Julianna:

Julianna is a 9th grader who dances just like her sister, but she dances at the school while Lucy does not. I’ve had Julianna in one of my classes before (Leadership 101) but I never talked to her as much as I’d have liked. It was interesting to find out about some of the things that went on at the Reitz household or even when they are on vacation. There was this time when Julianna and one of her brothers were playing in the ocean current on their vacation in Hawaii, and they were having fun and pretending to be taken away by the current. Well, when Lucy saw Julianna get caught once she freaked out and went in to rescue her. Lucy to this day says that Julianna should be thankful that she saved her life, (when she really didn’t.)

The Reitzes are a couple of girls that I am very lucky to know. Whether it be Lucy and the fact that she’s so kindhearted, or Julianna and how funny she is. I’m blessed this week to have been able to get to know these girls better than I did and hear some anecdotes that I would not have heard otherwise. When you see either one of these two in the hall, it is your Reit to say hello to them!

• The Reitzes!

The Offspring

Siblings of Sartell: Katelyn and Jameson Weide

• The Reitzes!

The Offspring

Siblings of Sartell: Faith and JP Schlecht

• The Reitzes!

The Offspring

Siblings of Sartell: Austin and Amber Pietrowski

• The Reitzes!

The Offspring

Siblings of Sartell: Brenna and Autumn Fosteson

• The Reitzes!

The Offspring

Siblings of Sartell: Josh and Jenna Engelkes

• The Reitzes!

The Offspring

The Lamonts!

• The Reitzes!

The Offspring

The Wenshaus!

• The Reitzes!

The Offspring

The Silmans!

• The Reitzes!

The Offspring

The Immelmans!

• The Reitzes!

The Offspring

The Adelmans!

The Reitzes!