50 Foods for Super Bowl 50

photo via wikimedia under the creative commons license

Oliva Wheeler, Journalist

On Sunday, February 7th, the Denver Broncos and the Carolina Panthers will play for Super Bowl 50. The real question is are you more excited for the game or the food that comes along with it?

As the Super Bowl is approaching, many people are planning parties and most importantly, planning food. Throughout the Sartell High School population, there are many trends in the types of foods people enjoy eating during the game. Each popular food listed below has a link to a delicious recipe.

Flavored Chicken Wings: This is one of the most popular Super Bowl foods. You can either have spicy or sweet. Many people prepare them as desired. You can also top them off with celery, blue cheese or ranch.

Spinach and Artichoke Dip: This is a delicious and simple game time snack. Many people enjoy either using bread or pita chips as the “dipper.” I recommend it warmed up and with a little bit of cheese sprinkled on top. Absolutely delicious!

Buffalo Chicken Dip: This spunky food will add a little zest to your Super Bowl. This is another easy food that can be eaten with bread or pita chips. An easy way to spice up this food is by using Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, which can be bought at your local Coborn’s!

Pigs in a Blanket: This delicious food is easy to make and not messy at all. Some people use pretzel breading over the hotdog which is something that I would recommend instead of just straight breading.

Sliders: Sliders are more of a main meal for the Super Bowl. Sliders can be made with chicken, beef, ham or whatever meat you and your family members desire. You can also add many toppings on a slider. A few that I would recommend are ketchup, mustard, pickles, and unions.

• Dad

Uncategorized

The Lion King

• Dad

Uncategorized

The Jungle Book

• Dad

Uncategorized

How to Train Your Dragon

• Dad

Uncategorized

Brother Bear

• Dad

Uncategorized

The Lorax

• Dad

Uncategorized

Inside Out

• Dad

Uncategorized

photo of the week / entry eight

• Dad

Uncategorized

Freshman to fresh senior: Jimmy Honek

• Dad

Uncategorized

University of Minnesota-Twin Cities

• Dad

Uncategorized

The New Year

50 Foods for Super Bowl 50